On Hold Statistics Courtesy of the On Hold Messaging Association
- "Executives spend 15 minutes a day or 68 hours a year on hold." -USA Today
- "41% of American consumers have initiated a purchase over the phone in the last year." - American Teleservices Association
- "On average, seven out of ten callers are placed on hold." - Inbound/Outbound
- "94% of all marketing budgets are spent on inducing a customer to call, while only 6% is spent on handling the call once it is received." - Inbound Telephone Call Center
- Jefferson Denneandrus, a research firm, found when callers were presented with On Hold Messaging versus silence or a radio commercial they would stay on hold longer, they were more likely to exhibit interest in the product advertised, they were more likely to retain information, and they were less agitated.
- Survey results found that 88% of callers preferred On Hold Messages to other hold options, and 16% made purchases based on an on hold offer. - MaxiMarketing
- Callers stay on the line up to 25% longer when provided with On Hold Messaging versus "dead air" or "background music," and up to 17% longer than radio. - Infomax, Inc.
- "The average person will spend 1.2 years on hold." - Woman's World Magazine
- "34% of callers who hang up will not call back." - Voice Response, Inc.
Enhance your company's on-hold
experience with music on hold
with custom messaging. It's quick, easy
and affordable. Contact us for a free
on-hold quote and consultation.